cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors installing client on RHEL4 AS - rhel-x86_64-as-4

arust
Level 2
I'm trying to get the client installed on this machine and I have tried NetBackup_6.5_CLIENTS2.tar.gz and NetBackup_6.5_Linux2.4.tar.gz.

With clients2 I get:

/root/Desktop/NB_65_CLIENTS2_20070723/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/Linux/RedHat2.6/tar: error while loading shared libraries: libacl.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
tar failed unpacking client_bin.tar.Z on blah.blah.com.
Cannot complete the client install.

A failure was detected running /root/Desktop/NB_65_CLIENTS_20070723/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/Linux/RedHat2.6/cp_to_client blah blah

With Linux2.4 I get:
NetBackup server software for the linuxR_x86 platform is not on this cdrom.

In response to clients2 I found this article
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/303001.htm and I tried to acquire the 32bit version of libacl with no success

Running ldconfig -v I get:

libacl.so.1 -> libacl.so.1.1.0
libacl.so.1 -> libacl.so.1

Locate shows the follow for libacl
/lib64/libacl.so
/lib64/libacl.so.1.1.0
/lib64/libacl.so.1
/usr/lib64/libacl.a
/usr/lib64/libacl.so
/usr/lib64/libacl.so.1
/usr/include/acl/libacl.h

Any thoughts?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You will need:

(the actual versions can differ - depends of rhel4 patch level)

libacl-2.2.23-5.i386.rpm
libgcc-3.4.6-3.i386.rpm
libstdc++-3.4.6-3.i386.rpm
libattr-2.4.16-3.i386.rpm

The 32-bit version of the required libraries are available from the RHEL 4 distribution CDs, or via the Red Hat Network Update functionality that is built into the Operating System.

Veritas products successfully install after the dependencies are loaded.

Note:
The 32-bit version of the required dependencies reside in a different path then the 64-bit version.
The 32-bit version of dependencies will co-exist with the 64-bit version of the same modules.
Applications that use 64-bit libraries will continue to use the installed 64-bit version of the library.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mouse
You will need:

(the actual versions can differ - depends of rhel4 patch level)

libacl-2.2.23-5.i386.rpm
libgcc-3.4.6-3.i386.rpm
libstdc++-3.4.6-3.i386.rpm
libattr-2.4.16-3.i386.rpm

The 32-bit version of the required libraries are available from the RHEL 4 distribution CDs, or via the Red Hat Network Update functionality that is built into the Operating System.

Veritas products successfully install after the dependencies are loaded.

Note:
The 32-bit version of the required dependencies reside in a different path then the 64-bit version.
The 32-bit version of dependencies will co-exist with the 64-bit version of the same modules.
Applications that use 64-bit libraries will continue to use the installed 64-bit version of the library.

arust
Level 2

Fantastic. Thanks!

Mouse
Please try it and mark as solved if it works, just because this works for my SF/HA installation, but I'm 99% sure that it will work for NBU as well.