cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors with Library Netbackup 8.1.1

robertoaxity
   VIP   

Hello,

I have many error with netbackup 8.1.1, i need add new library to netbackup master server console, this library is zoning with media server (Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.6 (Maipo))

When i run wizard drive and robotic, the media server recognize 4 drives and 1 robot (nice), but when add the restarting process services fail.

2020-02-17 13_15_41-10.55.0.10 - Conexión a Escritorio remoto.png

But the drives and robot appear in console, however, TLD 0 is not enabled.

2020-02-17 13_16_39-10.55.0.10 - Conexión a Escritorio remoto.png

2020-02-17 13_17_48-10.55.0.10 - Conexión a Escritorio remoto.png

When i tried delete robot, the media server can not restart the service.

2020-02-17 13_19_43-10.55.0.10 - Conexión a Escritorio remoto.png

When execute robtest o tpconfig -l in media server, the result dont show me nothing, and when use inventory robot.

2020-02-17 13_21_57-10.55.0.10 - Conexión a Escritorio remoto.png

So i cant add new volumes to storage unit

2020-02-17 13_23_26-10.55.0.10 - Conexión a Escritorio remoto.png

Please can you help me?

Thanks very much

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

robertoaxity
   VIP   

Hello,

The steps for Storage Units, hosts propierties

1. Run Netbackup Console with administrator
2. Use FQDN for enter to the server and not use IP

The steps for add Library (Robotic and Drive)

1. Control path of Libreria TS3200 is changed to another drive (configuration)
2. Library is restart
3. Netbackup services are restarted on media server (cd / usr / openv / netbackup / bin / goodies /) ./netbackup Stop / Start
4. Lock files on media server (cd / usr / openv / volmgr / misc /) are deleted
5. Netbackup services are restarted on media server (cd / usr / openv / netbackup / bin / goodies /) ./netbackup Stop / Start
6. All associated devices of the media server are removed (cd / usr / openv / netbackup / bin / admincmd /) ./nbemmcmd -deletealldevices -machinename lprpmedia01.resp.derco.cl -machinetype media
./nbemmcmd -deletealldevices -machinename lprpmedia01.derco.cl -machinetype media
7. Netbackup services are restarted on media server (cd / usr / openv / netbackup / bin / goodies /) ./netbackup Stop / Start
8. Scan of drives and Robot is performed on media server (cd / usr / openv / volmgr / bin /) ./scan
9. The Drive and Robot Configuration Wizard is run again on the master server and added to the storage unit of lprpmedia01 and not lprmedia01.resp.derco.cl
10. Robot testing is run on media server (cd / usr / openv / volmgr / bin /) ./robtest
11. Run ./tpconfig -l to validate library (cd / usr / openv / volmgr / bin /)
12. Then in TLD0 through the master server console, the drives are updated so that the media are recognized as volumes (run inventory robotic and select update option).
13. Policy SLP_SLP_DIARIO_FREENAS is executed and is attacked at the Quilicura library and is successfull.

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What licenses have you added on this media server?

Can you show us output of these 2 commands on the master server?
nbemmcmd -listhosts -verbose
nbemmcmd -getemmserver

robertoaxity
   VIP   

Hello Marianne,

Thanks for your help, I solved the problems, but now i have the next error code (156) when i tried backup a virtual machine from Hyper-V use the policy type Hyper-v

Thanks very much

Regards

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Pease tell us how you fixed the library problem, then start a new discussion for status 156.

Remember to telll us everything you did to verify that policy and Hyper-V server is configured correctly as per the NBU for Hyper-V manual.

robertoaxity
   VIP   

Hello,

The steps for Storage Units, hosts propierties

1. Run Netbackup Console with administrator
2. Use FQDN for enter to the server and not use IP

The steps for add Library (Robotic and Drive)

1. Control path of Libreria TS3200 is changed to another drive (configuration)
2. Library is restart
3. Netbackup services are restarted on media server (cd / usr / openv / netbackup / bin / goodies /) ./netbackup Stop / Start
4. Lock files on media server (cd / usr / openv / volmgr / misc /) are deleted
5. Netbackup services are restarted on media server (cd / usr / openv / netbackup / bin / goodies /) ./netbackup Stop / Start
6. All associated devices of the media server are removed (cd / usr / openv / netbackup / bin / admincmd /) ./nbemmcmd -deletealldevices -machinename lprpmedia01.resp.derco.cl -machinetype media
./nbemmcmd -deletealldevices -machinename lprpmedia01.derco.cl -machinetype media
7. Netbackup services are restarted on media server (cd / usr / openv / netbackup / bin / goodies /) ./netbackup Stop / Start
8. Scan of drives and Robot is performed on media server (cd / usr / openv / volmgr / bin /) ./scan
9. The Drive and Robot Configuration Wizard is run again on the master server and added to the storage unit of lprpmedia01 and not lprmedia01.resp.derco.cl
10. Robot testing is run on media server (cd / usr / openv / volmgr / bin /) ./robtest
11. Run ./tpconfig -l to validate library (cd / usr / openv / volmgr / bin /)
12. Then in TLD0 through the master server console, the drives are updated so that the media are recognized as volumes (run inventory robotic and select update option).
13. Policy SLP_SLP_DIARIO_FREENAS is executed and is attacked at the Quilicura library and is successfull.

Regards