cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erros status 525

Vova_Mozg
Level 3

I have installed client Netbackup on RedHat (rhel5). When I try to open the console on the client,
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/jbpSA

I receive an error:
Status 525:
Can not connect to the NB-Java authentication service via VNETD on computer on port 13724/Check the log file for more details.
What I need to make that has earned?

3 REPLIES 3

Stumpr2
Level 6

NetBackup status code 525: Can not connect to the NB-Java authentication service via VNETD on (host) on port (vnetd_configured_port_number). Check the log file for more details.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/302001

Details:

Message: Can not connect to the NB-Java authentication service via VNETD on (host) on port (vnetd_configured_port_number). Check the log file for more details.

Explanation: The NB-Java authentication service authenticates the username that is provided in the login dialog box. Communication between the NetBackup Administration Console and the authentication service is attempted to host on the configured VNETD port number that error message specifies. The NetBackup Administration Console log file should contain more detail about this error.

Recommended action:
Status codes
1 On UNIX: Compare the VNETD entry in the /etc/services file with the VNETD_PORT entry in /usr/openv/java/nbj.conf
On Windows: Compare the VNETD entry with the VNETD_PORT entry in the install_path\java\setconf.batfile.
These entries must match.

2 Ensure that no other application uses the port that is configured for VNETD.

Pablo_B
Level 3
Could a local firewall block authentication and cause this issue?

I have a UNIX Media server that has had nothing changed on it. I left for Spring Break and came back unable to log into the Admin Console form my WinXP laptop. The corporate environment I work in sends updates to my laptop on a regular basis. Could their tweaking of the local firewall be an isuse here? How do I confirm?

I have searched through the KB and discovered a similar article for Solaris 10, but alas, I am still on Soalris 9.

Will_Restore
Level 6