Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evault 10.4 backup is very slow after upgrading to NBU 7.5 to NBU 7.7

Jomy
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Evault 10.4 backup is very slow after upgrading to NBU 7.5 to NBU 7.7 

We upgraded NBU 7.5 to 7.7 after which Evault open partition backup is very slow.

previously it was working fine.now only EV backup is geting very slow

Help is appreiciated 

7 REPLIES 7

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Please provide evidence. Do you have logs from before and after the upgrade? Minimum logs needed will be bpbkar on EV client and bptm on media server. Even Client backup report for before and after upgrade may help. The underlying process has not changed, so there should be no reason from NBU point of view.

Jomy
Level 5
Partner Accredited

120px_p3.PNG

please find the snap the per second backup is very slow

watsons
Level 6

Can't enlarge the screenshot to see details.. but I am guessing you're seeing those "adding ... to bpdbm" stuff. That is actually normal when you're doing GRT backup.

What OS is your EV10.4 installed on? and is it x64 or x86? 

Take a look at the compatibility guide: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH126904  , look for Enterprise Vault and see if your scenario/platform falls into those unsupported area. (page 8 & 9)

Marianne
Level 6

Can you show us Client Backup Report (save/export report as .txt file and upload as File Attachment)?

Run Client Backup Report for a period before the upgrade to show amount of data backed up and elapsed time, then run another report for a period after the upgrade.

As per my previous post - the underlying process has not changed, so there should be no reason from NBU point of view.

Jomy
Level 5
Partner Accredited

we found performance issue on particular RAID volume.

Disk queue lenght is showing 50

Marianne
Level 6
We see this all the time. A particular issue is not noticed immediately. After an upgrade people normally pay closer attention to backup results and the new version then gets the blame. This is why I asked for evidence from before and after the upgrade.

Jomy
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thanks for your suggestion