cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchang 2010 with NetBackup 7.1 the backup partially successful

wabbas77
Level 3

hello

I face a problem wich backup partially successful , thats mean the back up not success

I find that the logs drive completly full (100 GB ) and the mailboxDB normal only (35 GB used)

the server stopper reciving Email , so I move some of the logs to another drive to make a free space , after that the service work again and we can recive the email

but the main problem still exist

the report pooblem logs from the console

10/12/2011 7:01:58 PM managment-srv admfexch01 Warning 10877 Backup from client admfexch01: WRN - Exchange Validation for 'Microsoft Information Store:\Mailbox Database 1771798554\' failed.  Please refer to the backup and application event logs for more details.
10/12/2011 7:09:21 PM managment-srv admfexch01 Error 10877 Backup cannot send mail to waleed@zawaj.ae
10/12/2011 7:09:22 PM managment-srv admfexch01 Error 10877 Backup backup of client admfexch01 exited with status 1 (the requested operation was partially successful)
10/12/2011 6:22:47 PM managment-srv admfexch01 Warning 10877 Backup from client admfexch01: WRN - Unable to get the mount timeout value.
10/12/2011 7:10:17 PM managment-srv admfexch01 Error 10876 Backup backup of client admfexch01 exited with status 1 (the requested operation was partially successful)

the bpbkar logs

regards

14 REPLIES 14

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The error message says: "Backup from client admfexch01: WRN - Exchange Validation for 'Microsoft Information Store:\Mailbox Database 1771798554\' failedPlease refer to the backup and application event logs for more details. "
Have you checked Event Viewer Application Log and NBU bpbkar log?

Also : "Unable to get the mount timeout value." Are you trying to do GRT backup? If so, have you checked/verified requirements?

DAG or Standalone Exchange?

wabbas77
Level 3

thank u for your replay

I attached the  bpbkar 

in fact i didnt understand it ,

I didnt do GRT backup , could u please guid me how to do it ?

its standalone Exchange

I attach the Application events

with regards

Marianne

bpbkar.xls seems to be empty. Please re-post. Rather post logs as .log or .txt files.

These errors in App log looks like the current status 1 is due to missing log files:

(\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy14\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Mailbox\Mailbox Database 1771798554\E00): The range of log files \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy14\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Mailbox\Mailbox Database 1771798554\E0000038EB2.log to \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy14\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Mailbox\Mailbox Database 1771798554\E000004879A.log is missing (error -528) and cannot be used. If these log files are required for recovery, a good copy of these log files will be needed for recovery to complete successfully.

Error,10/12/2011 6:27:34 PM,ESE,519,Logging/Recovery,"bpbkar32 (7364) Instance 1: Log File Integrity Check (\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy14\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Mailbox\Mailbox Database 1771798554\E00): The range of log files \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy14\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Mailbox\Mailbox Database 1771798554\E0000038EAD.log to \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy14\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Mailbox\Mailbox Database 1771798554\E0000038EAF.log is missing (error -528) and cannot be used. If these log files are required for recovery, a good copy of these log files will be needed for recovery to complete successfully.

Please also check App log for 'Error' entries - this does not look healthy:

Error,10/12/2011 7:01:58 PM,Storage Group Consistency Check,403,Termination,"Instance 1: The physical consistency check successfully validated 0 out of 1122816 pages of database '\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy13\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Mailbox\Mailbox Database 1771798554\Mailbox Database 1771798554.edb'. Because some database pages were either not validated or failed validation, the consistency check has been considered unsuccessful."

Sorry - you were also asking about GRT. Have a look at the top of the NetBackup forum page under 'Featured discussions' for this post: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/introducing-netbackup-screencast-demonstration-video-series-netbackup-agent-microsoft-exchang

wabbas77
Level 3

hello

I attach another copy of bpbkar txt format

also the App event error for 30 days

yes some logs file moved from the mailboxDBlogs to make space as I minision befor

"the server stopping reciving Email , so I move some of the logs to another drive to make a free space , after that the service work again and we can recive the email"

by the way the Exchange server is versual VMware server

Marianne

I have seen that in your initial post. The thing is - does Exchange know where the logs are?

Please see the section in NBU for Exchange manual (http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH127056 ) regarding transaction logs:

Exchange 2010 transaction logs get committed to their database over time or
when the services are brought down. Any transactions that existed in log files
and not in the database file are committed to the database.

Do not manually purge log files. Instead, purge logs through the backup process.
For backups of a replicated copy (LCR, CCR or DAG), the log truncation is scheduled.
It starts with the active copy when Exchange has the resources to start truncation.
It does not happen instantly after a backup as with non-replicated copies.
For information on how transaction logs are truncated, see the following topics:
See “NetBackup for Exchange backup types ” on page 66.

Have a look at this error in bpbkar log:

7:09:47.820 PM: [9648.8332] <16> file_system_access::V_Cleanup: TRV - error clearing archive bit: Microsoft Information Store:\Mailbox Database 1771798554\_nbfsd_link_list_0_b (WIN32 1117: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. )
7:09:47.820 PM: [9648.8332] <4> file_system_access::V_Cleanup: TRV - set times for file: Microsoft Information Store:\Mailbox Database 1771798554\_nbfsd_link_list_0_b

wabbas77
Level 3

the status of logs :

part of the logs in  drive F:(logs drive ) and the other part moved to another drive d:(media drive )

now F:(logs drive ) 100GB can't conain the two parts in the same drive F:(logs drive ) the total size of logs file 130 GB

the user size in  E: (database driver ) is 36 and the free size 150 gb

Marianne

Manually moving logs around without Exchange "knowing" where the logs are is the same as manually purging logs as described in the extract of the manual that I've posted above.

You need incremental backups (as described in the manual) to truncate/purge logs.

wabbas77
Level 3

hello

wht shall I do , the logs in two deferent driver and if all the logs file under the logs partions , the same problem still exist "logs file inceasing " so again the partion will be full

I have to find a solution for the backup first to privent the same case happen again

Marianne

Did you see the error that I pointed out above?

7:09:47.820 PM: [9648.8332] <16> file_system_access::V_Cleanup: TRV - error clearing archive bit: Microsoft Information Store:\Mailbox Database 1771798554\_nbfsd_link_list_0_b (WIN32 1117: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. )

You will have to check bpbkar logs as far back as possible to see if this is the reason for the backups failing.

Look for <16>'s in the logs.

wabbas77
Level 3
I read them but in fact I didnt understand them will but the question , if there is a hardware failure why the aother backup saccess ?? Exchange and Sql server both of them VMware servers

Marianne

Unfortunately there is no way for NBU to know what is causing the I/O error.

NBU is merely reporting that an I/O error was encountered.

This is not a NBU error: 

WIN32 1117

There might be something logged in Event Viewer System log at more or less the same time.

wabbas77
Level 3

I find nothing related to I/O in the event viewer during one hour , please take a look

Saqib_Alam
Level 5
Partner Accredited

I am also facing same error

Current Envrionment : Exchange 2010 , Server 2008R2 and Netbackup 7.0.1

Please find the attached logs.

Saqib_Alam
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Further more i already attached bpkar logs and Event Application logs of client.