cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2003 - Status 69

Kevin_O_Connor
Level 4

Hi,

We have Exchange 2003 on windows 2003 Enterprise servers with SP2.

We were using Netbackup 6.5.5 to backup these servers successfully but we upgraded to 7.0.1 and since then the mailbox backups have failed with Status 69.

We do have EV 8.0 SP3 in our environment but as far as I can tell from the EV Compatibility list it is supported (Updated March 23rd 2011).

We’re in the process of rolling back the upgrade but does anyone have any ideas as to why they would be failing now ?

Regards

Kevin

4 REPLIES 4

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Have had to reapply the mail address netbackup uses in Host Properties->Clients Client properties on the master after an upgrade, to get the mail backup/restore to work

Regards

Michael

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

Kevin_O_Connor
Level 4

I'm not sure what you mean under the client properties but the configuration looks okay, because we've only upgraded two of the three cluster nodes I can compare the configuration between the two.

If I browse under "Backup Selections" on the server still running 6.5.5 I see the "Microsoft Information Store :" and can expand it yet if I try the same on a server upgraded to 7.0.1 I can't see Microsoft Information Store :" never mind any of the storage groups.

j083418
Level 5

Have a look at the attachment I've added. I think he means that

DominikG
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Try this:

Open the backup policy, change something (e.g. STU), save the policy.

Then open the policy again, reverse your change and save it again.

Give it a try afterwards. I saw it very often, that you have to save the policies again after an upgrade to get them running properly.

Please also make sure that:

- the NBU client service on Exchnage runs with the dedicated accout that

1. Is domain admin

2. is exchange full administrator

3. has got an active mailbox

4. mailbox is not hidden from global ddress list

- mailbox of the exchange backup account is configured in the client host properties for restores