cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2007 failing Netbackup 6.5.4

Bill_Sidwell
Not applicable
I'm getting hte below error when trying to run a manual backup of exchange. I did the basic install and am not aware of any add ins for exchange, am I missing any thing?

A NetBackup extension product is required to perform the requested operation.

Windows 2003 64Bit SP2
Exchange 2007

Netbackup 6.5.4 server and on the client as well.

12/09/2009 16:34:02 - Error bpbrm (pid=14036) could not write KEEPALIVE to COMM_SOCK
12/09/2009 16:34:04 - Critical bpbrm (pid=14036) from client sgexmb01: FTL - The NetBackup Extension for Microsoft Exchange Server is not properly installed:NBMsExchg.dll (WIN32 126: The specified module could not be found. )
12/09/2009 16:34:11 - Error bptm (pid=14041) media manager terminated by parent process
12/09/2009 16:34:12 - Error bpbrm (pid=14036) could not send server status message
3 REPLIES 3

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
>>I did the basic install and am not aware of any add ins for exchange, am I missing any thing?

From the Admin Guide: "The database agent is installed with the server and client software. To use this agent, register a valid license key for it on the master or media server."

So, just correct software to check (as I presume you licenced it to get it to go that far!)

lu
Level 6
This dll should be in netbackup\bin

MattS
Level 6
Hi Bill,

I recommend checking the install notes in this doc ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/320793.pdf
It has some differences from the standard Exchange Admin guide for 6.5.

Also, when you run your tests be sure to disable Granular backups.  If you search the forums or look in my post history you'll see what i mean.

Here is also a really good post for setting up for GRT backups by Mouse:
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/netbackup-granular-recovery-technology-tips-and-caveats

As for your error specifically -
Did you install from the newish 6.5.4 x64 install?  I can't remember the issues there but you may want to try installing from it instead, if you havent already.

Good luck,
Matt