Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2007 support in Netbackup 6.0 MP7

nbguru
Level 3
Certified

Hi,

I have a plan to apply MP7 in our netbackup 6.0 environment. Please let me now whether I would be able to backup exchange 2007 after upgrading to MP7.

Regards,

Anish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nbguru
Level 3
Certified

I had a discussion with symantec, according to them with MP7 its possible backup Exchange 2007 message store and mail boxes.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Stumpr2
Level 6
Does it mention it in the README?

nbguru
Level 3
Certified
I couldnt find anything from readme, But I know that MP6 supports exchange 2007. What about MP7?

Stumpr2
Level 6
I have never known VERITAS/symantec to drop support through a maintenance pack instrument. That has historically been left to the major releases.....now on the other hand they frequently add support through MPs.

nbguru
Level 3
Certified

I had a discussion with symantec, according to them with MP7 its possible backup Exchange 2007 message store and mail boxes.

MattS
Level 6

Question, Does anyone know if there are any differences between 6.0MP7 and 6.5.x exchange backup features?  Other than the obvious differences between 6.0 and 6.5.

I have looked high and low and the only thing mentioned in the MP7 readme is that exchange 2k7 is now supported...

Preferably, a comparison of features between MP7 and backupexec 11d (our current backup solution for exchange).  I don't know backupexec too well and I don't maintain that server. But due to organizational changes I may be required to add our exchange servers to my netbackup environment and I want to be sure of any features we may be gaining and/or losing.

Thx,

Matt