cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2010 restore DB in DAG fails

Jesse_Hardy
Level 4
Certified

We are running Netbackup 7 and Exchange 2010.  I have configured backups to do snapshots and that is working.  I am now trying to do a restore.  My exchange guy has setup a RDB (recovery database) for me to do the restore.  The restore is failing though.  So here what the path looks like when I select restore to a different place.
/Microsoft Exchange Database Availabilty Group/name of the DAG/Microsoft Information Store/name of the db
so I leave that as is with one change
/Microsoft Exchange Database Availabilty Group/name of DAG/Microsoft Information Store/name of the RDB
Here is the errors that it gives me.
couldn't open /usr/openv/netbackup/.rename.19484 on client name of server, status 2
cannot put rename file on server
client restore Exit Status 12: file open failed
So it seems like permissions or something, has anyone had this problem if so can you help me out?
2 REPLIES 2

Jesse_Hardy
Level 4
Certified

I just kicked the restore off from the client and it worked like champ.  So I must have something missing on the master server.  Back to the pdf I guess.

Oddy
Level 5
Employee
Jesse,

If it works from the client side and fails from the master, make sure that the netbackup client service is running in the same account as you are logged in as when you kick it off the restore from the client.

Create following log directories on the exchange server.
<install dir>\netbackup\logs\bpcd
<install dir>\netbackup\logs\tar
If you get a status 12 I would guess that you will have an error in the bpcd log.

/Oddy