cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2013 Policy

Stanleyj
Level 6

Now that exchange 2013 is supported does anyone know if the backup method is changing at all? 

I upgraded to 7.5.6 yesterday and we are migrating from 2010 to 2013 this weekend.  I've looked for documentation this but haven't found any on whether or not the creation of the policy has changed or if I can just use the same settings as my 2010 just with new DAG and server names.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dyneshia
Level 6
Employee

It is the same as a 2010 exchange policy.  The only thing is MS Exchange will not support GRT.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I would suspect (hope?) that if it had changed, we would have documented it, but from scanning the 7.5.0.6 (not 7.5.6, by the way) Release Notes for all instances of the word "Exchange," there don't appear to be any such caveats listed.

NetBackup 7.5.0.6 Release Notes
 http://symantec.com/docs/DOC6396

I guess the best way to find out is to try - please report back with your findings!

Dyneshia
Level 6
Employee

It is the same as a 2010 exchange policy.  The only thing is MS Exchange will not support GRT.

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

only change release notes highlight was on permission parts... (especially due to no GRT supported with this interim fix). May be supported with upcoming release 7.6 (no idea when it is going to be released)

permissions were minimized that's it.

Although from exchange 2013 perspective there were major difference in two roles playing all (mailbox and CAS)

from database and DAG perspective i don't see there should be anything special to NBU POLICY creation . it should be underlying mechanism or way it works.

You should be ok with following same procedure of backing up exchange.

Get back to connect/symantec support if anything you observed is unexpected....

Dyneshia
Level 6
Employee

There is a specific mention in the release notes :

In this release, for NetBackup operations with Exchange 2010 or 2013 you
can now use a minimal mailbox account that has local administrator rights
rather than Exchange administrator rights.
See “Creating a minimal NetBackup account for Exchange operations
(Exchange 2010 and later)” on page 37.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC6396