cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2013 Restore- Need help

Sagar_Kolhe
Level 6

Hello All,

I need help for restoration of exchange 2013 database backup (one user mailbox) on recovery database created on the one of the mailbox server. I am not able to find the exact guide link on google.

Master Server : Windows 2012

NBu Version : 7.7.3

Client Version : 7.7.3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
As far as I know you can only restore a database to Recovery database. Not a mailbox.

To restore a user's mailbox is covered in NBU for Exchange manual.

Links to manuals in Handy NBU Links in my signature.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hi

Were you looking here https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000108093

Description

The attached guide explains how to configure and use NetBackup for SharePoint Server to back up and restore the SharePoint databases that are on a Windows NetBackup client.

More docs from this NBu version available at: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000094423

Marianne
As far as I know you can only restore a database to Recovery database. Not a mailbox.

To restore a user's mailbox is covered in NBU for Exchange manual.

Links to manuals in Handy NBU Links in my signature.

There are two misconceptions here.

You cannot restore entire mailboxes. You can restore content to either the original mailbox or another one. To restore the whole mailbox then, first create the mailbox, then restore the content. You can mimmick the idea of a recovery database at the mailbox level by creating a temporary mailbox to use as a recovery mailbox.

You cannot add content to a recovery database, because you don't bring it live into your environment in the normal sense. Think of the conflicts you would have if both the RDB and the original db were active. NetBackup GRT restore for exchange uses Exchange Web Services (EWS) from Microsoft to insert items into an active database. It would be a logical contradiction to put content into the RDB.

jurgen_barbieur
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited

don't you have the exchange recycle bin configured? if yes, you should be able to restore the mailbox from there

Marianne

I find it strange that @Sagar_Kolhe has not been back in 6 days to look for answers.... Smiley Surprised

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply. I am out of station due to some personal emergency.

As per marriane's post , we have restored the database on recovery database.

Thanks,

Sagar