cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange DAG Backup - Status 46

Drabbies
Level 3

Quick breakdown of my environment.   We have 6 Exchange Mailbox servers in a DAG with 32 Databases total.  All Databases are in the DAG.  I am doing backups to Tape for now until i can find more drive space for Disk2Disk so no GRT.

So yesterday i was finally able to get everything talking and kicked off a FULL backup of the DAG and it was going great.  All Exchange servers were showing up in the Activity Monitor, jobs were Queued up, and Databases were backing up.  Life was good.  I broke the network while trying to increase bandwidth and when the host was finally back up a couple hours later, all of the jobs were failed and waiting for a retry.  I wanted to start over again clean, so i cancelled all of the pending jobs, and rebooted the host.  

Now that the host is back up, I am not able to do any DAG backups.  I am getting error 46 - server not allowed access.  I saw in the articles that I need to check the IP addresses that netbackup is getting, but since I am using the DAG name instead of a host, i am not sure how to check that.

Has anyone seen this before that can help?

Thanks

Drabert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

did you changed media server which was used to backup DAG?

Is dag and dag members added to media server additional server list and is media server added to dag and its member server "properties"

Admin Console->Host properties->client->dag and dag members->servers

Admin Console->Host properties->media server->servers->dag and dag members

START FRESH NEW JOBS and try.. do not restart any suspended or failed job.

For connectivity purpose Try below from media server

admincmd/bptestbpcd -client <DAGNAME/DAGMEMBER SERVER> -verbose -debug

Result should be "0" ANYTHING else would let you know where is glitch.

from dag member server try /netbackup/bin/bpclntcmd -pn or -self

then try bpclntcmd -ip  <media server> , bpclntcmd -hn  <media server>

do the same from media server bpclntcmd -ip  <client> , bpclntcmd -hn  <client>

Above would ensure during increase in bandwidth ports were not blocked (mistakenly any acl got applied restrictions)

Let us know how it goes...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Drabbies
Level 3

Sorry... this is 7.6.0.1 and all Exchange boxes have the new client installed as well.

And its Exchange 2010 SP3 U2

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

did you changed media server which was used to backup DAG?

Is dag and dag members added to media server additional server list and is media server added to dag and its member server "properties"

Admin Console->Host properties->client->dag and dag members->servers

Admin Console->Host properties->media server->servers->dag and dag members

START FRESH NEW JOBS and try.. do not restart any suspended or failed job.

For connectivity purpose Try below from media server

admincmd/bptestbpcd -client <DAGNAME/DAGMEMBER SERVER> -verbose -debug

Result should be "0" ANYTHING else would let you know where is glitch.

from dag member server try /netbackup/bin/bpclntcmd -pn or -self

then try bpclntcmd -ip  <media server> , bpclntcmd -hn  <media server>

do the same from media server bpclntcmd -ip  <client> , bpclntcmd -hn  <client>

Above would ensure during increase in bandwidth ports were not blocked (mistakenly any acl got applied restrictions)

Let us know how it goes...

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

also verify compatibility list everytime to ensure you are protecting environment which is certified and supported ....

Drabbies
Level 3

that was it.  I went through each host to see the master/media server and one of my exchange boxes had the incorrect values.  I am doing active copy backups and last night before i went crazy, all of the active copies had been migrated off of that host so it must have not referred to it when the backup kicked off successfully.  Thank you very much for the quick response and direction!

Drabert