cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Restore - networking problem

kimihira
Level 4

All,

Does anyone know how to get round this problem; I am trying to get Exchange granular restore working, but have come up against a networking problem.   I have a Unix media server that is connected to two networks, operation and management (ops, man) :

Media01.man.net.com

Media01.ops.net.com

The Media server’s main I/P puts it in the man network.   My Exchange server is in the ops network.

Exchange01.ops.net.com

Now my problem is that when I create disk storage server and associated, storage pool it always has the owner Media01.man.net.com and when I try to do a granular restore, netback tries to get the exchange server to do a NFS connection to Media01.man.net.com (blocked by a fire wall), instead of Media01.ops.net.com .   I have tried setting up a media server alias and creating the disk storage server using the “ops” name, but it just reverts to the “man” name.   I could add a hosts entry to override the DNS, but I don’t really want to go down that route.

David

2 REPLIES 2

rk1074
Level 6
Partner

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

did you try setting up the route to use the IP of  Media01.ops.net.com while communicating with the Exchange server..

I am sure using the hosts file woulbe the best shoultion for you ...  if you dont want to go with the firewall port open.