cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Transaction logs grow while backup is running

AW365
Level 3

Hopefully this is a pretty simple one, and apologies if asked and answered previously but I have hunted

While our Exchange backups are underway I notice the avaialble space in the Logs area goes down, obviously when it finishes the logs are cleared.  I'm just wondering what it is NetBackup is writing to the SG while the backup is in progress ?

thanks

Al

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I don't think Netbackup is writing any-ting to Exchange databases

Transation logs are created as as new mail arrives in mailboxes (one example). Do they grow especially quick during backup ?

View solution in original post

jim_dalton
Level 6

My feeling is this would be better directed at an Exchange forum as you are really asking about the mechanics / internals of what happens when you back up Exchange. I would imagine all backup products will behave in a similar manner when integrated with an app such as Exchange.

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I don't think Netbackup is writing any-ting to Exchange databases

Transation logs are created as as new mail arrives in mailboxes (one example). Do they grow especially quick during backup ?

jim_dalton
Level 6

My feeling is this would be better directed at an Exchange forum as you are really asking about the mechanics / internals of what happens when you back up Exchange. I would imagine all backup products will behave in a similar manner when integrated with an app such as Exchange.

Jim