cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange error (! Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x80040107) : 'Could not open the item. Try again') and messages are being doubled

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited
My 1st issue
i am using Exchange Server 2003 with windows 2003 Server. I am using Veritas Netbackup 6.5 for taking the backups of Exchange Server 2003. I can backup and restore the Exchange Server successfully via Veritas Netbackup 6.5. But when i restored the Mailbox i am not able to send and receive the emails via MS outlook. It gives me an error below but i can send and receive the emails via outlook web access successfully.
ERROR
! Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x80040107) : 'Could not open the item. Try again'

My 2nd issue

When i restore my Exchange Server 2003 MailBox via Veritas Netbackup 6.5 my all emails are being doubled :( ..why??

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zahid_Haseeb
my 1st issue is 50% resolved. i did the following

- enable cache otion i Outlook
- close Outlook
- START-> RUN type : Outlook.exe /resetfolders

But this is not good solution if i have more than 100+ users bcuz i have to go to all users PC and do the given solution :(

i can 100% solved this problem after using the below link
http://forums.msexchange.org/m_1800513666/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#1800513698

My second issue is also resolved.
See the figure below

imagebrowser image

if you see the above red highlighted point do not restore the message(s) your emails will be double. But if you select the overwrite existing messages your emails will not be double.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Zahid_Haseeb
My second issue is also resolved. See the figure below

imagebrowser image

if you see the above red highlighted point do not restore the message(s) your emails will be double. But if you select the overwrite existing messages your emails will not be double.

Zahid_Haseeb
my 1st issue is 50% resolved. i did the following

- enable cache otion i Outlook
- close Outlook
- START-> RUN type : Outlook.exe /resetfolders

But this is not good solution if i have more than 100+ users bcuz i have to go to all users PC and do the given solution :(

i can 100% solved this problem after using the below link
http://forums.msexchange.org/m_1800513666/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#1800513698

My second issue is also resolved.
See the figure below

imagebrowser image