cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange restore individual mailbox

Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi guys
I have exchange 2003 server along with its netbackup agent , I have selection of Microsoft Information store:\
and backup goes fine . My question is how to restore individual mailbox for one user .
when i try to change the selection to Microsot Exchange mailboxes:\ getting backup error , can not nbackup requested files .

Regards
2 REPLIES 2

Chuck_Stevens
Level 6
Have you performed a Mailbox backup? You cannot restore individual mailboxes from an Information Store backup.  You will need to set up a separate policy to perform a Mailbox backup if you want to be able to restore individual mailboxes.

Also, to use the "Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\" directive from the "MS_Exchange_Mailbox" directive set, you have to make sure the account the NetBackup client runs under (on your Exchange server) has full Exchange Admin rights.  We created special Exchange Admin accounts for this purpose.  (By default, the NetBackup Client runs under the local system account, which does not have mailbox access.)

Message Edited by Chuck Stevens on 04-11-200702:56 PM

Graeme_Welsh
Level 5
if you want to perform mailbox (brick level) backups, page 16 of the veritas Netbackup 6.0 for microsoft Exchange server system admin guide tells u what to do (http://entkb.symantec.com/availability/resultDisplay.do?gotoLink=24852&docType=1002&contextId=42433%...#)
if youve only been doing database backups, u can still use exchange recovery storage groups to extract the mailbox to a pst file or merge/copy data into the users mailbox