cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange server Error 26

greatashkan
Level 3

Hello,

I have NBU 8.0. One of my policies which is a Exchange server policy is returning an error. the error is:

-----------

ul 29, 2018 1:06:12 PM - end Parent Job; elapsed time 2:00:11
Jul 29, 2018 1:27:26 PM - Error bpbrm (pid=6420) from client server.com: ERR - Send bpfis state to Masterserver.com failed. status = -3
Jul 29, 2018 1:27:26 PM - Info bpfis (pid=8072) done. status: 0
Jul 29, 2018 1:27:26 PM - Error bpbrm (pid=6420) could not write filelist start to OUTSOCK
Jul 29, 2018 1:27:26 PM - Error bpbrm (pid=6420) could not write EXIT STATUS to OUTSOCK
Jul 29, 2018 1:27:26 PM - Info bpfis (pid=8072) done. status: 24: socket write failed
client/server handshaking failed (26)

----------

The work I have done to solve it are:

restarting the exchange server

restarting the exchange replication service

deleteing the shadow list on exchange

I have done all the searches on the net and did everything need but unsuccessful.

Before this i get 130 error but after restarting teh replication service anddeleting the shadows it became the mentioend error 26.

Thanks in advance,

Ashkan

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This seems to be the issue:

Error bpbrm (pid=6420) from client server.com: ERR - Send bpfis state to Masterserver.com failed. status = -3

Is master and media server the same server or different?

Please check bpbrm log on the media server for more info, as well as bpfis log on client server.com.
I suggest level 3 logs. 
(I am aware that Veritas employees prefer level 5 logs, but they hardly ever have the time to assist here on VOX.)

Whenever bpbrm says "Error from client" check the client log.

In this case, the important client logs are bpfis and bpcd. Also check the bprd log on the server. For the client logs, set the logging level in two places. Set it to 3 in the main Logging screen, and to 2 in the Windows Client, Client Settings screen. For bprd, set the logging level for the master server.

The "state files" are the snapshot state files and the Exchange metadata files that bpfis produces while making and processing the snapshot. NetBackup uploads the files from the client NetBackup\online_util\fi_cntl folder to the master server's client database. This is in case your client melts down, or you want to redirect the restore to another client.

The state files on the master server are in a flat-file folder under NetBackup\db. The transfer process is as follows:

1. Request from bpfis to bprd to make the transfer.

2. Bprd request to bpcd to read the files.

3. Bprd writing the files.