cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude date spanning midnight

Roobix_Cube
Level 5

General question here: if a window spans midnight, do you have to exclude both days to prevent a policy from running?  If so, how do I ensure the nightly backup starts the next night as desired?

For example, let's say I want to exclude the following policy from running on January 5th, as below.  Given Monday's window spans midnight, is this policy sure to run just after midnight on the 6th?  [assuming frequency based backup of 12hrs]

If so, and if I exclude BOTH the 5th and 6th, how do I get this policy to kick off on the night of the 6th as scheduled?

Excluded Date

Backup Window

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Stumpr2
Level 6

If freqquency based backups are scheduled and the window is open and if the frequency has been met and if there is no exclude then a backup will run. You need to exclude both days.

If possible, you could de-activate the policy by setting the attribute "Active. Go into effect at:" and set the date for when the exclude period is over. Unfortunately, that is limited to the entire policy and not a specific schedule.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Stumpr2
Level 6

If freqquency based backups are scheduled and the window is open and if the frequency has been met and if there is no exclude then a backup will run. You need to exclude both days.

If possible, you could de-activate the policy by setting the attribute "Active. Go into effect at:" and set the date for when the exclude period is over. Unfortunately, that is limited to the entire policy and not a specific schedule.

Mike_Hoskins
Level 2
How does this affect calendar-based backups? I'm told that if a backup window spans midnight only the first date needs to be checked to cause the scheduler to queue that schedule. Is the same true of the exclude date - or do both possible dates have to be checked to prevent a schedule from being queued in the case where two schedules occupy the same time space in a policy?