cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude files by last modified date

HankHill
Level 5

In a bit of a crunch due to a D2D failure.  I'm moving backups to some temporary storage and need to back up files with at last modified date within the last two months.  This is not an option in client properties.  Is there a way to do this?

Windows 2008 R2, NBU 7.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

it is not directaly an option.. but there is a way to do it..

the only way that i am seeing is create a policy with the user backup schedule

and run the backup from the client side using the using the policy and user backup schedule and select what ever the files you wnat to backup.

if you what to delete those files after successfull backup you can use the user archive schedule type also

if you have sound knowledge in scripting you can reduce the task of selecting the each and everyfile from the client side and use the command bpbackup in scripts.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

it is not directaly an option.. but there is a way to do it..

the only way that i am seeing is create a policy with the user backup schedule

and run the backup from the client side using the using the policy and user backup schedule and select what ever the files you wnat to backup.

if you what to delete those files after successfull backup you can use the user archive schedule type also

if you have sound knowledge in scripting you can reduce the task of selecting the each and everyfile from the client side and use the command bpbackup in scripts.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I agree with Nagalla - no way to do this directly from NetBackup.

You need to create a script file that produces a file list of the relevant file and then uses that file list as the target for a user backup or archive run