cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude list is not able to exclude dbf files

Arkya
Level 4

Hello All,

I want to share one issue which we are facing in our Netbackup environment. We are having Linux server as Master server and Netbackup version is 7.6.0.2.We take backup of the databases through RMAN however when we are trying to backup the DB host it is also backing up the dbf files used for database.I guess we are missing something in our exclusion list. For exclusion related to DB we have set the parameters in exclusion list as below:

/*/oradata*/*/*.dbf
/*/oraarch/*/*.arc

Is there anything which we are missing?The above should always exclude the dbf and .arc files under oradata and oraarch.

Note: Multiple Data Stream is checked in OS backup policy, Selection list is : ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES,/tmp

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ashok_J
Level 3

HI 

you can simply try with *.dbf   and *.arc 

when it comes to selection list, you have given ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES. Then no need of /tmp file being added over there.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Ashok_J
Level 3

HI 

you can simply try with *.dbf   and *.arc 

when it comes to selection list, you have given ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES. Then no need of /tmp file being added over there.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Confirm that exclude_list filename and location is 100% correct. If you have combination of policy name in the filename, check that there are no dots (.) in policy name. I agree with advice to simply specify *.dbf *.arc Create bpbkar log folder on client to troubleshoot.

Arkya
Level 4

MarianneAshok,

Thanks for looking into this.

Exclude list file name and location is correct, suppose we are having dbf files under /xyz/oradata/.dbf and in the exclude we have /*/oradata*/*/*.dbf. exclude list path /usr/openv/netbackup/exclude_list.policy name.

Ashok_J
Level 3

As per the example given by you..

/xyz/oradata/.dbf 

it should be /*/oradata*/*.dbf

/usr/openv/netbackup/exclude_list.policy name :- This exclude list works with the policy name you have mentioned in the path.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I agree. You have one level too many in the exclude list. Why not simply add *.dbf *.arc in the exclude list? Please check policy name carefully. Bear in mind that NBU is case sensitive. bpbkar log will tell us how exclude_list is evaluated and applied.

Arkya
Level 4

Thanks Guys for your suggestions we have now provided only .dbf  and .arc files in the exclusion list which is working fine.