cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude_list

Shrikumar
Level 3

Hello All,

Can anyone please tell me how to exclude files on Windows clients.

Our setup is like this there is a firewall between our Master server and Clients so we wont be able to connect our cients directly from Master Server.So is there any way I can exclude files like what we do in unix Clients.

Thanks In advance.

Shri

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Open the Backup, Archive and Restore GUI on the client. Go to File -> NetBackup Client Properties. Use Exclude List tab to enter files/folders to be excluded.

This will update Client's NBU registry entries. (no text file like Unix clients).

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

You can log into the client and start the Backup Archive and Restore GUI

go to File - Netbackup Client Properties - Exclude list  and add the items there.

But if you cannot connect from from the master server gui to see the properties of the client - I don't hold much hope for your backups working.

Shrikumar
Level 3

Thanks very much

Marianne
Level 6

As long as Backup Selection is specified explicitly in Policy (not ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES) and no database extentions, the master server does not need to have any connectivity to clients.

Comms will work like this: Master sends backup instruction as well as Backup Selection to Media Server. Media Server connects to Client with backup instruction. Client connects back to Media server and sends data to media server. Media server sends catalog and job info to Master. (Backup process flow in Appendix A of Troubleshooting Guide.)

We have a number of customers with clients and media servers in DMZ's where this is done with success.

Marianne
Level 6

Have you been able to update Client's Exclude List?