cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude one client from backup policy

shyder
Level 2

Hello,

I have a policy with few clients getting backed up. I want to exclude backup for one client for few days. How do you exclude one client from backup policy.

Thanks and appreciate your help.

Hyder

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Host Properties -> Master (Select Master) -> Client Attributes.

Add Client name if it does not exist in the list (Name must match the client name in Policy exacttly)/

Select Client name -> Offline until ....

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Genericus
   VIP   

This is availalbe to you quite simply in your version

Java console, go to your host atttributes and master server

Once it connects, open the host properties of the master and in the tree view select clients.

The client should be there in the list, you can add it if it is not, there is an option to suspend or prevent backups for that client only. You can select the start and end dates. The client remains in the policies, but is not backed up until the time expires or the suspension is unchecked.

Be aware - you cannot run a manual test backup while it is suspended! 

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Host Properties -> Master (Select Master) -> Client Attributes.

Add Client name if it does not exist in the list (Name must match the client name in Policy exacttly)/

Select Client name -> Offline until ....

Do i need to restart the server after doing this?

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

As suggested by @Marianne making the client offline is the best option. You don't have to do any other changes anywhere or you don't have to restart any service. You may use Command options:

bpclient -client client_name -update -offline -onlineat "05/05/2017 18:00:00"  - Make client offline until time given

bpclient -client client_name -update -online (to immediately remove from offline)