cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expire or move duplication data

vnroot
Level 4

Hello,

I just add new disk storage to save duplication instead old small disk storage. 

Can you please guide me how to expire or move old duplication data to new storage?

Thanks,

Thang

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

You can use the Duplicate function in the GUI under Catalog -> Duplicate.

Or you can use some CLI commands which is better IMHO (from a control point of view)

First list all the images located on that disk using bpimmedia. Generate a text file with image id's. Then use the bpduplicate command and use this text file as input.

###EDIT: My colleague Marrianne informed me you might be referring to your deduplication storage and not duplication storage. PLease tell us more about the deduplication type and your operating system.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

vnroot
Level 4

Thank Riaan so much :) 

RiaanBadenhorst

Hello,

You can use the Duplicate function in the GUI under Catalog -> Duplicate.

Or you can use some CLI commands which is better IMHO (from a control point of view)

First list all the images located on that disk using bpimmedia. Generate a text file with image id's. Then use the bpduplicate command and use this text file as input.

###EDIT: My colleague Marrianne informed me you might be referring to your deduplication storage and not duplication storage. PLease tell us more about the deduplication type and your operating system.

Marianne
Level 6

Sorry - you cannot add a 2nd dedupe volume to the same server.

Duplicate will only work if you add the new storage to another media server.

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi,

I update my post, please read and reply to make sure i didn't misunderstand you.

Marianne
Level 6

We need to fully understand if this is 'duplication' storage or 'deduplication' storage.
For some reason I understood 'dedupe'.

What is the disk type?

Basic?
Advanced?
PureDisk (MSDP dedupe)?