cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER question?

Phong_Thai
Level 4
I have multiple Windows 2003 media servers that need to be decommissioned.  I need to be able to redirect restore from these media servers to another media server since they still have some active images.  The question I have here is that how do I specify multiple media servers in FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER?

For example three old media servers A, B, C go to one media server D

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Stumpr2
Level 6

Phong Thai wrote:
I have multiple Windows 2003 media servers that need to be decommissioned.  I need to be able to redirect restore from these media servers to another media server since they still have some active images.  The question I have here is that how do I specify multiple media servers in FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER?

multiple entries are fine.
FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER A D
FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER B D
FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER C D

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Stumpr2
Level 6

Phong Thai wrote:

multiple entries are fine.
FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER A D
FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER B D
FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER C D

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
you don't say what verion of netbackup you are on. Prior to 6 and the emm database,
the media servers have database info on them about the media.

if you are goin to power off the servers then I think you should move that info to another media server.
so you would have to id all media "owned" and have it moved to the new server.
I had to do this on version 4.5
bpmedia -movedb -ev $x -oldserver $1 -newserver $2

Stumpr2
Level 6
I found it!

DOCUMENTATION: How to correctly decommission a NetBackup Media Server and remove it from the NetBackup environment

Phong_Thai
Level 4
I apologize for a little late on responding back to this thread.  I'm just now ready to decommission these media servers.  I'm currently running NBU6.0 on Windows 2003.

I actually had already moved all of the media to the new machine.  I was just not sure on how to configure the FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER for multiple media servers.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Message Edited by Phong Thai on 04-24-2008 11:37 AM