cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA (/usr/openv/java/FSA) -> cannot see and select filesystems for analyze

Olaf_
Not applicable

Hello together

This tool starts well on my netbackup-client, but i can't see any filesystem to select in the analyze dialogscreen.

Anybody now, how to work with FSA, so i can select filesystem.

Thanks

Olaf

4 REPLIES 4

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I have to admit I'd never heard of FSA, but sure enough, there it is on my system!

I poked around and found out that this program appears to only be used in conjunction with Veritas Storage Migrator.  Are you also using that?

Here's the VSM documentation:

Veritas NetBackup (tm) 6.5 Storage Migrator for UNIX - Administrator's Guide

http://support.veritas.com/docs/290222

Pages 213-230 talk about FSA.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Page 153 of the v6.5 Release Notes:

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/290196.pdf

...states that v6.5 is the last version of FSA, and that it will not be supported in the next major release of NetBackup.

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

@sdw303 wrote:

Page 153 of the v6.5 Release Notes:

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/290196.pdf

...states that v6.5 is the last version of FSA, and that it will not be supported in the next major release of NetBackup.

Well, that makes sense - VSM 6.5 is also a final version (p. 150).

jpramann
Level 2
Employee

Olaf,

You mentioned that you're trying to run FSA on the NBU client, this will not work.  FSA was meant as a marketing tool for VSM which only runs on a master or media server, it can't manage file systems on a client so would never display these volumes.  If you were to run FSA on a master or media server I believe you would be able to see those volumes after running 'Actions' --> 'Analyze'

Hope this helps.

Jan