Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FT client devices are offline

tarmizi
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Hello all,

Our customer's SAN AIX clients acted strangely a few days ago. Those SAN client backing up thru LAN instead of FT and the backup is seriously slow. They have faced this issue before and what they did is start up all services in Netbackup Appliance (FT Media server) to start up their nbftsvr and nbfdrv64 (due to the service suddently stop), re-run the backup again and succesfuly backup with good backup speed.

But this time around, that not work. After started all services, nbftsvr and nbfdrv64 are running but when re-run the backup, they still having the same issue. After looking at the detail status of the backup, we can see:

awaiting resource advance_disk_pool - FT client devices are offline

Attached are the screenshot from our customer.

So, may I confirm that the netbackup appliance (FT Media Server) is okay? Is it related to client (nbftclnt service)?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Mike_Gavrilov

You should start with collecting nbftsvr and nbftclnt logs, OS messages from client and Appliance. 

tarmizi
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi Marianne,

I am currently going thru the TN given. But as we going thru some of the backup detail status for the SAN client, it stating FT client has no devices configured. May I use the same TN for this? 

For your information, we did check on the FT port on Netbackup Appliance and the FT port indicator light did not emiting any light. However we may see the RED dot light inside the FT port. Also we may see RED dot light from the FC cable.

Do this mean anything?

Thank you

Mike_Gavrilov

tarmizi, never look directly into the end of connected fiber cable/port unless you have a spare eye or burning eye's retina is exactly what you want to get.