cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FT media server configuration problem

iclcz01
Level 4

Hello,
I have a problem with configuring FT mediaserver. It is SUN T3 server with Solaris 10 update 11, NetBackup 7.5.0.6 and 4x QLA2560. Two of them are for storage connection and two are for SAN client connection.
I switched the two HBAs to target mode. From this time they are not visible by Solaris commands like fcinfo, luxadm or cfgadm. They are also not visible in Connetrix manager I use for zoning. Only on SAN switch I see the ports are online, anyway I do not see the WWN  of the HBAs there.
Could you tell me please if this is right behaviour or should the HBAs be visible?
I did the zoning before changing to target mode.
I have also one SAN client on RedHat 6.4. from which I do no see any Python device on media server.
Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Don't know if this is still an issue for you, but you might want to check out this TechNote, and either apply the attached hotfix or 7.5.0.7 if you think it's affecting you:

NetBackup 7.5.0.6 Fibre Transport Media Server services will not run on Solaris 10 SPARC.
 http://symantec.com/docs/TECH208848

iclcz01
Level 4

Thank you, I applied this fix before writing to this forum. The daemons are running but HBA is not visible after marking to target mode.