Level 6

Hello All,

The issue was fixed after reboot the server. thanks all

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You seem to be installing Client software, not Server software. See the directory where you are installing from - you are using the 32-bit version of PC_Clnt software.

Best to select 'Browser.exe' in the installation root folder.

On W2008, please disable UAC before you start installation or else right-click on Browser.exe and Run as Administrator.

Please verify all requirements in NBU Installation Guide before you start installation. Links to all manuals in 'Handy NBU Links' in my signature.

PS: Is this a new installation? 
If so, why 7.0?

PLEASE rather install 7.5 followed by 7.5.0.6.

nesel
Level 4

Hi John@12,

> can you provide OS version of your master server?

> NBU s/w located? local. CD or on network drive

> nother thing I noticed, "D:\Netbackup\7.0\PC_Clnt\x86\Symantec Netbackup Client .msi"

kindly check,seems you are installing NBU client software and not the server one. Move out one directory, go to "D:\Netbackup\7.0\" and look for "browser.exe" to run the server installer.

Hope this will help. kindly provide update.

Thanks,

john10
Level 6

Hello Miranne,

Im trying to instal Master server s/w only and as per my company policy we need to instal 7.0 only. and the S/W is in system local drive only not in CD.

I rebooted the server and tried but know when im entering Licence key Master Server Instalation is Not getting in enabled state, that means my licence capacity finished?

john10
Level 6

Hello All,

The issue was fixed after reboot the server. thanks all