Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing connectivity issue

Sachii
Level 3
Certified

Hi All,

I have 5 media server which is configured in one storage unit group for load balancing, now the seniro is that i am facing connectivity issue with one of my media server and rest 4 are working fine, whenever i am trying to ping and traceroute from any media server i am getting cannot connect to client and traceroute even not working.

Let me know how should i proceed on this now.

Platform : NetBackup-AIX53

Master server version : 7.0

Client version : 6.5

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Loads of possibles I'm afraid - could be a faulty router.

How far along the traceroute does it get, how many hops complete ?   How many hops should there be ?

Can you traceroute to other servers, are the other servers on the same network ?

Can you reboot the client

Can the client get to the media server, maybe the issue is only in one direction ...

View solution in original post

INT_RND
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Can you log in to the problematic media server ?

You might have to plug a monitor, keyboard and mouse in to the machine so you can follow this guide:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000445.htm

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Sachii - Contact someone from yore network deportment and engage them in debugging.

We only provide genereal advice if you don't know how the network is connected. 

8 REPLIES 8

RonCaplinger
Level 6

If you cannot ping or traceroute to or from one server, the problem is with your networking setup, not NetBackup.  You should work with your local network admins to troubleshoot this one.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Have you verified the the media server you can't access is actual running ?

Or someone add a extra NIC to the media server ?

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Loads of possibles I'm afraid - could be a faulty router.

How far along the traceroute does it get, how many hops complete ?   How many hops should there be ?

Can you traceroute to other servers, are the other servers on the same network ?

Can you reboot the client

Can the client get to the media server, maybe the issue is only in one direction ...

INT_RND
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Can you log in to the problematic media server ?

You might have to plug a monitor, keyboard and mouse in to the machine so you can follow this guide:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000445.htm

Sachii
Level 3
Certified

refer below ping and traceroute status from that media server where backup complete successfully, same output i am getting from media server where backup is not completing.

[bpadm@wdcanbp03][/home/bpadm] > traceroute wdcadsp11
trying to get source for wdcadsp11
source should be 10.69.145.208
traceroute to wdcadsp11.bcbsnc.com (192.168.2.8) from 10.69.145.208 (10.69.145.208), 30 hops max
outgoing MTU = 1500
 1  10.69.144.11 (10.69.144.11)  1 ms  1 ms  0 ms
 2  * * *
 3  * * *
 4  * * *
 5  * *[bpadm@wdcanbp03][/home/bpadm] >
[bpadm@wdcanbp03][/home/bpadm] >
[bpadm@wdcanbp03][/home/bpadm] > /etc/ping wdcadsp11
PING wdcadsp11.bcbsnc.com: (192.168.2.8): 56 data bytes

----wdcadsp11.bcbsnc.com PING Statistics----
8 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss
[bpadm@wdcanbp03][/home/bpadm] >

RonCaplinger
Level 6

The info you just posted does not provide any information to help any of us diagnose the problem.  Multiple people above have asked questions that need to be answered. 

watsons
Level 6

ping & traceroute are just basic tests, some environment blocks ICMP so you may not see it responding.

Try with "telnet <mediaserver> 1556" to see you can connect to PBX, and also check with "bptestbpcd -host <mediaserver> -debug" to see if it connects properly. 

Actually login to the affected media server may give you more clues, you can test the connection from it to the master server. Or you can restart Netbackup services there to see if it resolves.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Sachii - Contact someone from yore network deportment and engage them in debugging.

We only provide genereal advice if you don't know how the network is connected.