NBU Server: 8.1.2 on windows 2k8
Source Client: 8.1.2 on windows 2k8
Des Client: 8.1.2
i am getting "Failed to get host security certificate" at the startup screen when host PXE boots.
Here is what i did:
Added new host name ,IP in hosts file of server.
Added hsot to NBU database using nbhostmgmt command.
in security events tab i am getting this message:
"Certificate request for host "newhq" was rejected as hostname is not known to the master server"
here is the output of nbhostmgmt -li command:
Host ID : 545bd1ca-24a4-46a9-ba74-2c47e8a0609b Host : newhq Master Server : OS Type : Operating System : NetBackup EEBs : Hardware Description : CPU Architecture : Version : Secure : No Comment : Allow Auto Reissue Certificate : Yes Allow Auto Reissue Certificate Validity : Jan 11, 2019 05:33:17 PM Mapped Host Name Approved Conflict Auto-discovered Shared Created On Last Updated On 10.190.11.215 Yes No No No Ja n 09, 2019 05:22:58 PM Jan 09, 2019 05:22:58 PM newhq Yes No No No Ja
i have added both IP and hostname to this hosts mapping.is there anything i am doing wrong ?
Waiting for your kind response.
hostname is not known to the master server
from Article: A host is considered to be known to the master server if the host can be found in the following entities:
1. If the host is listed against any of the following options in the NetBackup configuration file (Windows registry or the bp.conf file on UNIX):
2. If the host is listed as a client name in the altnames file (ALTNAMESDB_PATH).
3. If the host appears in the EMM database of the master server.
4. If at least one catalog image of the client exists that is less than 6 months old.
5. If the client is listed in at least one backup policy.
6. If the client is a legacy client. That is, a client is listed in Host Properties --> Master server --> Client Attributes.
Thankx for the reply,
i forgot to mention in my post that i am getting this error while "preparing to discover" operation.
According to NBU guide, for Dissimilar restore host doen't need to be a client of NBU server, it just needs an entry in EMM database which i did using nbhostmgmt command.
I dont know if i did the entry wrong !! i just followd the guide. NBU 8.1.2 Admin guide..
You can discover the configuration of a new system; the system does not have to be a NetBackup client. A discovered configuration contains the hardware and the software information of a host.
To restore BMR configurations of NetBackup 8.1.1 and later, a valid host ID to host name mapping for the selected host name must be present. Use the nbhostmgmt command for adding a host entry in the host database or for host ID to host name mappings.