My name is Gavin
I am an administrator of NetBackup
I have the an issues about EMM connection
Could you please advise on how to proceed?
There is the message show that "Failed to initialize EMM connection. Verify that network access to the EMM server is available and that the services nbemm and pbx_exchange are running on the EMM server. (195) Command did not complete successfully."
What is below command showing when running it on the Master server?
nbemmcmd -listhosts -verbose
I would suggest the following:
1. Ensure the hostname resolution is working fine and the master/media entries are present in the registry (assuming the master is running Windows OS).
2. Check Server entries in Master Host Properties.
3. Make sure the Windows firewall is disabled and/or port 1556 is open in both directions.
Sorry for replying late.
Do you have a master and some media servers? (Yes, I do we have a master and media server)
Where did you run this command - on the master or a media server? (I have the attached file for you.)
Have you checked if all processes are running on the master server? (I have)
Please try to post text or text files - it is a lot easier than pictures.
We see this in the log file:
ping_database: ODBC connection string ..... UID: dba; PWD=***** .... ....
ping_database: ODBC connection failed
ping_database: ErrMsg [Sybase] .... .... Invalid user ID or password ....
nbdb_ping: Database [NBDB] is not available
Things like this do not happen out of the blue.
very rightly pointed by @Marianne !!
Check following things
1. Check the available space on installed path. You must have minimum 20% free space of total volume.
2. Check for Hostname resolution.
3. Check if vxdbms.conf file is intact.
4. check if private brnach exchange service is running on master. if not running try to start it first followed by NBU.