cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to install Netbackup in VM ware.

anil_kumar731
Level 4
Certified

I have tried to install netbackup in Vmware on Solaris 10 machine ,but failed with below error.

Can anyone please suggest me how proceed further?

15 REPLIES 15

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

which version of NBU???

did it worked on another system???

I believe you are executing installics ??? why

If NBU is to be install simply execute ./install

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Netbackup 7.5 require a 64 bit OS. You are on i386.

Are you installing Netbackup 6.5 ?

anil_kumar731
Level 4
Certified
I am installing netbackup 6.5 on solaris vmware

anil_kumar731
Level 4
Certified
I am installing netbackup 6.5 on solaris vm machine.

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Why don't you run "install" script placed in top directory in DVD? You don't have to run installics to install client.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Are you installing the right binary ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ignore the fact its a virtual machine - its an operating system with CPU RAM DISK and network connectivity. Follow Yasuhisa's advice. Mount the CDROM and run install at the root of the CD.

Dont think its a problem with VMware.

Is it the NetBackup Client or Master Server you are installing?

anil_kumar731
Level 4
Certified

anil_kumar731
Level 4
Certified

Please find the attached images i have uploaded.

Kindly suggest which one to install on solaris vm machine.

it is running on 64 bit OS.

anil_kumar731
Level 4
Certified

Im trying to install Master server.

I dont have the CD with me. I have only saved the contents of it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That looks like a folder being used as a large repository for ALL netbackup installations. And the contents have been dumped irregularly into it.

I suggest you create ISO's of your physical media or create ISO's of each of the NBU 6.5 downloads (after extracted) and attach those to the VM and mount them on the OS.

Or create individual folders for each download and extract in that then NFS mount them on the client you are trying to install.

You look like your install script is looking at the wrong binaries for the wrong OS. Possibly.

And be aware about EOSL for 6.x

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/be-aware-netbackup-6x-end-support-life-fast-approachi...

Anonymous
Not applicable

The middle image looks like the Windows media.

The top image is this what you have tried to install from?

The bottom is the Linux Suse and Redhat but also has solaris. (hmm)

Someone with the media themselves could probably be able to help you out. (Not in the office)

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is the CD Contents file from fileconnect that might give some idea, but I dont know what your folder structure is like from above.

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

3rd picture shows some part of DVD #3 - for Linux and Solaris.
If your copy is vaild, install script named 'install' exist in top directory. Just run it and select server installation.

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

i came across many scenarios where files downloaded and Extracted to windows environment and thereafter if copied to opensource system for deployment files are interleaved with permissions sets.

Just make sure you transfer unextracted copy of downloads directly to solaris system on path where you have sufficient space available. also make sure you have 1.5 times space available at /temp (check your variables)

if DVD is constraint, get in sync with your symantec account manager who can help you with serial number pertaining to your requirement.

Make sure you run ./install not installics

let us know if this helps