cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few Clients are not getting Backed up from a Policy

Abhijit_Srivast
Level 4

I have a Policy at a certain site where the backups of few clients did not trigger . The server is a 2008R2 NBU 7.6.1 . policy contains 29 Clients and only 6 of them did not trigger for a particular day .

What could be the possible issue ?

Abhijit Srivastava .

4 REPLIES 4

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If those clients are mentioned in the policy then you should be able to get all 29 backups running. To verify just get bpbrm from the media server. It should have clue about this. Also get command output of

bppllist <policy used> -U

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The policy config as well as backup history needs to be looked at.

If backup schedule is 1 per day and a manual backup was taken within the last 24 hours, the backup for the client will be skipped.

Show us policy config as per above request and backup history for the last week for one of the skipped clients:

bpimagelist -client <client-name> -d 08/28/2015 -U

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Also check to see whether someone has individually de-activated the clients which did not run, i.e. check for clients which may be "offline":

bpclient -L -client <client-name>

Abhijit_Srivast
Level 4

I did a bppredict policy command to see that NBPEM had stuck those clients to an older date which had to be reset . NBU Bounce helped our case and returned NBPEM into running condition .

@Sym Guy 

@Marianne 

@sdo 

These options I had already considered hence that wasnt the case with my Issue . 

Thanks for Checking and providing inputs on it . 

Much Appreciated !

Regards,

Abhijit Srivastava .