Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Read Failed (13)

emdlove
Level 4

Master, Media, Client all - 7.6.04 - Windows 2008R2

Using - multiple data streams 

7 shares 

all successful except 1 - (Home)  error's out everytime with file read error (13). 

I created a separate policy with only that 1 share... same error. 

Enabled logging, read post about timeouts possible issue.  This has been going on for a while.  I am getting a local backup, but I would like to get this working as quickly as possible. 

Media = all timeouts set to 300 - media server connect timeout = 30seconds 

client = file read/browse = 300 

master is set to the following: 

client connect = 4000 , read=4000

backup start 300 - end = 300 

file browse = 600 - media server = 900

I don't know why the Master is different.  

Any help is greatly appreciated.  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The Client read timeout should be increased on the media server.

It has no effect if timeout only increased on the master server and the master is not the media server.

View solution in original post

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee

You did not mention if it reports an error everytime on one specific file or the files are random from this Home share?

If its just 1 file always what is this file? And is it in use or locked or inaccessible? If yes did you try to exclude it?

Job details or snippet from bpbkar logs would be useful to identify which file seems to be reporting the error. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The Client read timeout should be increased on the media server.

It has no effect if timeout only increased on the master server and the master is not the media server.

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee

You did not mention if it reports an error everytime on one specific file or the files are random from this Home share?

If its just 1 file always what is this file? And is it in use or locked or inaccessible? If yes did you try to exclude it?

Job details or snippet from bpbkar logs would be useful to identify which file seems to be reporting the error. 

I apologize for not accepting the solution!!  Changing these client settings fixed this issue!!!!