cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files not found

cyberninja
Level 6

Hello,

My co-worker is having this issue with backups on a Windows 2008R2 server. When he does a backup to a directory that is long path and/or has spaces in the file name or directory name the backup fails. The error he gets is files not found.

These files are very large files. We are backing up a to SL48 tape library. If we start the backup at a higher place in the directory path we don't get the error. The issue is some of the files are 1T or more. They are basically copies of hard drives that where pulled from computers. Well anyway the SL48 can't handle jobs that are to big because if the directory is larger then the space available in the SL48 the job will fail.

These are not normal backups. I'm a UNIX guy so if this was happening on a UNIX based OS I would just backslash the spaces, but I don't think windows needs this. Example : file name would be file \name in UNIX to fix spaces in UNIX.

What can I do to get these backup working?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

it looks like its a CIFS share...

follow the below tech note to get this done..

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH198175

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

cyberninja
Level 6

The NetBackup server is at 7.1.0.2

RamNagalla

please show us the backup selection in the policy.. and also the detail status of the failed job.

cyberninja
Level 6

As I said before I'm a UNIX guy. The policy looks kind of odd.

The directory seems to be a ISCI lung. The policy type is MS-Windows. Tthe backup path is \\fileserver\path. Which is also the I drive on the master server.

RamNagalla

it looks like its a CIFS share...

follow the below tech note to get this done..

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH198175

Will_Restore
Level 6

If it's a local drive on the Master Server, better to back that up than the share on a client.

cyberninja
Level 6

This looks close to what we are doing. I will forward this to my co-worker.