Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FireStreamer with Netbackup 7.5

AjinBabu
Level 3

HI All,

Good day !!!

We are testing Netbackup 7.5 with FireStreamer VTL, is there any idea how to do it?

We have installed FireStreamer on a machine and Netbackup is able to see the Robot and drives but it gives an error “Robot with an Unknown Robot type cannot be enabled “

Can anyone guide?

Regards

Ajin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

StefanosM
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If I remember correctly, the inquiry string of the library and the drives are not emulating a known library and drive but it is proprietary FireStreamer strings

netbackup Device Mappings Files does not have any information for FireStreamer devices and cannot handle them.

You should ask Cristalink if the software can emulate a known library and drives. If not Cristalink must speak with Symantec to add the VTL to the Device Mappings Files.

Again, If I remember correctly as it was more than one year sins I tried FireStreamer.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne

Have you checked NBU Hardware compatibility guide before purchasing a VTL?

See http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76495

Which Windows version and patch level? 

How is robot and tape drives seen in Windows Device Manager? 
Which drivers for robot and tape(s)?

Please provide output of 'scan' command (in <install-path>\veritas\volmgr\bin).

StefanosM
Level 6

If I remember correctly, the inquiry string of the library and the drives are not emulating a known library and drive but it is proprietary FireStreamer strings

netbackup Device Mappings Files does not have any information for FireStreamer devices and cannot handle them.

You should ask Cristalink if the software can emulate a known library and drives. If not Cristalink must speak with Symantec to add the VTL to the Device Mappings Files.

Again, If I remember correctly as it was more than one year sins I tried FireStreamer.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Inspect syslog or the Windows event log for errors related to the "Robot with an Unknown Robot type cannot be enabled " message

AjinBabu
Level 3

Hi marinne, 

Thanks for the reply.

I have changed the property of the robot from "unknown" to some other than i am able to add it.

Regards

Ajin

AjinBabu
Level 3

Hi , 

Thanks for the reply.

I will check and confirm.

Regards

Ajin

Anup__Shanerock
Level 2
Certified

Hello all,

I am Anup. I go by Shanerock(nick name from my rock band) on this community. First of all kudos to Symantec for creating a wonderful product like Netbackup. This is my first post on this community, so I have decided to make an exciting start. Here comes a concise original technical documentation of Netbackup on Virtual infrastructure with VTLs. I am sure you guys would love it. I would be adding more and more to it, which would be coming as separate ebooks. Hoping that you will make the best use of it. Please do share your feedback, which would be very helpful in creating other docs.

Thanks in advance!!!

Kind regards,

Anup Sreedharan