cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Backup Error on Windows

Puffy
Level 6
 Hi,

I have a flashbackup-Window policy. It works fine last few weeks.

I have this problem for 2 successive backup. The backup will complete with error 1. But I couldn't see any data when I browse for data restore. Couldn't find out what went wrong.

4/24/2009 10:34:42 AM - Error bpbrm(pid=2820) from client server: message 2 = System call failed
4/24/2009 10:34:43 AM - Error bpbrm(pid=2820) from client server: message 2 = System call failed
4/24/2009 10:34:45 AM - Error bpbrm(pid=2820) from client server: ERR - Unable to read next index. VFM error = 11

Backup Selection is
\\.\C:\SAN-Mounted\Image

(It's a SAN mounted location)

NBU 6.0 MP4 Windows Master

2 REPLIES 2

Pravs
Level 4
Employee
it's failing at the time of mapping.
these errors mostly come because of highly fragmented disk or Bad indexes.
try.
1. defrg of drive in question
2. run chkdsk on drive and fix errors.

- if above 2 doesn't work for you. look at your Application Event Logs at the time of this failure for Events for VxMS.
- Also look in to your System Event logs. your system might be busy and it  failed to flush data.

also, it will be helpful if you can tell us
1. netbackup Client version?
2. Do you havea big exclude list?Big Exclude list increases the mapping time. you can read more on this below.
www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/what-so-special-about-directread-registry-entry-flashbackup
www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/slow-mapping-flashbackup-look-your-exclude-file-list

hope it helps.
~ Pravs

Douglas_A
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
you cant backup a folder like

\\.\C:\SAN-Mounted\Image

you need to specify \\.\C:\

but in this case you cant backup the OS drive so if your C is the OS then you cant use flash on it.

sorry..