Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlashBackup Restore

markdavies1978
Level 5

Hi all,

Here is my issue.

I have succesfully backed up several ESX Guests on several ESX Hosts, I have also restored back to the original Host however my issue is being able to carry out an alternative restore to a particular Datastore.

I have 5 ESX Hosts & Netbackup can only see multiple Datastores for 2 of these Hosts.

Can't quite work out what's going on, I'm using FQN's for the ESX Hosts, I can ping & telnet from my Master Server to each ESX Host & I can backup each guest on each ESX Host.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

Just need to clarify things here ...

During the restore if you want to restore directly to an ESX Server, rather than through vCenter, that ESX server must not be under the control of vCenter, it must be a stand alone ESX Server otherwise it wont work.

If it is stand alone then its credential will need to have been added in the Credential section.

Perhaps you could post some screen shots of the process you are following and your setup to give a better idea of what is going wrong

Thanks

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Which you can not find on NetBackup? If you can not find ESX on recovery wizard, check on vCenter these hosts are under control, or add credentials for these ESX hosts on NetBackup. It is better to add ESX hosts as VMware restore host if you don't backup VMs on these hosts.

markdavies1978
Level 5

I can backup all of my guests on all of my ESX Hosts without a problem which is great!

My issue is when I need to do a Restore from Virtual Machine Backup & tehn restore the virtual machine to an ESX Host which has multiple DataStores, from the drop down menu the DataStores are not selectable (they are actually missing) although I know 1 ESX host 3 DataStores.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Hi

Just need to clarify things here ...

During the restore if you want to restore directly to an ESX Server, rather than through vCenter, that ESX server must not be under the control of vCenter, it must be a stand alone ESX Server otherwise it wont work.

If it is stand alone then its credential will need to have been added in the Credential section.

Perhaps you could post some screen shots of the process you are following and your setup to give a better idea of what is going wrong

Thanks

pikachu
Level 6
Employee Certified

In the drop downlist you don't see the datastores. OKAY

1. what version of NBU?

2. collect the bpvmutil log from the backup host with vmcloglevel set to 3

markdavies1978
Level 5

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies I got there in the end, looks like a combination of issues.

1st issue was that incorrect FQN's were being used within the Virtual Machine Servers under Media and Device management | Credentials.

The 2nd issue for the 3 servers of which I could not see all data stores for was down to the fact that these 3 servers were being managed by a VCentre Server which I was unaware of & once I added the VCentre server to the list of Virtual Machine Servers I could then browse the data stores.

Thanks.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It seems you followed Mark's advice and yet mark your own post as solution??

markdavies1978
Level 5

Clicked on wrong link..!!!!!