cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For what are all Kind of Schedules Open Window can be defined ???

Mouli
Level 3

Hi All,

I was asked the below Question by my colleague.

I'am not sure about the answer .....Please help me out…

For what kind of schedules “Open Window” can be defined in NB6.5, if a Backup Policy plan includes “MS SQL Server 2000”

Choices are

SQL Policy type or

both calendar-based and frequency-based or

Schedule-based or

neither schedule requires an open window. 

First of all,describe about Open Window ?? Also, justify you answer....

Thanks in Advance !!!

Regards,

Mouli .S.C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Stumpr2
Level 6

An open window can be thought of as a "window of opportunity". All scheduled backups require an open window or a "window of opportunity" in order to run a backup job.

Frequency backups require that the frequency be met and for an open window to exist in order to run.

Calendar bckups require that the correct day has arrived and that an open window exists.

Database backup policies require an application schedule that may have a 7/24 open window

User directed backup policies may also have a 7/24 open window

Some admins create a schedule with no open window defined for the sole purpose of running a manually initiaed backup.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Stumpr2
Level 6

An open window can be thought of as a "window of opportunity". All scheduled backups require an open window or a "window of opportunity" in order to run a backup job.

Frequency backups require that the frequency be met and for an open window to exist in order to run.

Calendar bckups require that the correct day has arrived and that an open window exists.

Database backup policies require an application schedule that may have a 7/24 open window

User directed backup policies may also have a 7/24 open window

Some admins create a schedule with no open window defined for the sole purpose of running a manually initiaed backup.

Mouli
Level 3

Thanks for the explantion Bob !!

Regards,

Mouli S.C

Stumpr2
Level 6
So are you going to mark this as solved or is more explaination required?