cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequency Schedule in Minutes (Besides using the bpplschedrep command)

Ron_Cohn
Level 6
I have a need to initiate a backup every 5 minutes (SQL Transaction Logs).  The GUI can go as low as 1 hour.  Besides using the bpplschedrep command, is there any way to modify the GUI to permit this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner
bpplschedrep policy schedule -freq 900

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

DavidParker
Level 6
You could setup a cron or scheduled task on the master server, or better yet, on the client (you'd need to setup a User schedule in a policy for it).

You must get a TON of data to need to have to run TRX logs every 5 minutes; that's crazy frequent.

Ron_Cohn
Level 6
David,

Our DBA's are using a 3rd party utility to backup the SQL Transaction Logs every 10 minutes (yes, we do generate a TON of activity) and we are trying to prove to them the usefulness of using the NetBackup SQL agent to backup and restore the databases.

To setup bpplschedrep works fine as long as you do not have to modify the policy (from the GUI perspective, 0 Hours is an invalid value).  However, once a change is made, I just rerun the command script.

Thanks again and maybe in NetBackup 6.5, they will allow an interval based on minutes in addition to the other entries.

Rafiq
Level 3
can you tell me how to  change my frequency as 15 mins
 and tell me clear steps
 I am useing netbackup 6.5

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner
bpplschedrep policy schedule -freq 900