cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full backup executed after DIFF (SQL backup)

Bessam
Level 4

Hello,

We have a situation where server XXX is an SQL server in the "Database_name" environment, on which runs an instance used for archiving
The dbs on this machine are in SIMPLE Mode, which is normal since there should be no modifications.

Looking at the backup history, I noticed that the system makes a FULL backup every day immediately followed by a Differential backup.

As first step, we shifted the backup time by 30min but that didn't change the weird behavior.

NBU master is: Linux Redhat 7.7, with 9.1.0.1 netbackup version.

Client server is: Windows server 2016 SP3 with netbackup 8.1.2.

Thanks for you help and let me know if you need further information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bessam
Level 4

Hello,

There was VMware policy and SQL policy for same server, we recreated VMware policy and it was resolved.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

as for the point "Looking at the backup history, I noticed that the system makes a FULL backup every day immediately followed by a Differential backup."

Which history do you mean? NetBackup Activity Monitor history, or backup history in MSSQL Studio console, or maybe some Event Viewer logs? Some printscreens would be good to attach here if possible.

My tip is that this behaviour could be triggered rather on MSSQL side, than on NetBackup side.

Regards

M.

Hello Michal,

Thanks for your repli, I forgot to precise that history is from  MSSQL Studio console.

I can't post screenshot because there is client data in it, sorry.

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

then you must likely solve it as a MSSQL related issue. SQL maintenance plans, or some SQL system triggers could be a cause. As a hint , investigate a target where these "strange" full backups are saved - what is offered when you launch DB restore dialog.

Regards

Michal

Bessam
Level 4

Hello,

There was VMware policy and SQL policy for same server, we recreated VMware policy and it was resolved.