cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full backup image expires before dependant DINCs expire

Sortid
Level 6

Hi, using 7.6.1.  I have some workloads with 2 week retention.  We do a full every week and DINCs every other day.  Mty intention is to have two weeks full recovery from any day during the fortnight.  The DINCs are dependant on the Full preceding them, but I noticed that the full backup from 2 weeks ago expires before the dependant DINCs expire.  This renders the DINCs useless, as I cannot restore from the assiciated full.  Is there a way to keep the associated full until it's DINCs expire, like a setting which says "don't expitre Full backups which have dependant DINCs associated with it"?  I could extend the retention period, but that puts extra pressure on the storage and does not guarantee that the backups are kept if for some reason full backups were unsuccessful.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
No such setting. Expiration dates are 100% determined by the retention level that you select in the schedules. It sounds like you need 3 weeks retention for Full and 2 weeks for Inc.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
No such setting. Expiration dates are 100% determined by the retention level that you select in the schedules. It sounds like you need 3 weeks retention for Full and 2 weeks for Inc.

Sortid
Level 6

Hi Marianne, thanks for confirming that for me.  I'll have to look at retention periods and storage requirements.

Cheers.