cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate SQL move template script automatically (without GUI)

kml
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi, when i start the NetBackup MS SQL client GUI i'm able to generate a restore script (move template) with all the informations related to the database i want to restore (file path etc). Is there a way to generate this script without starting the NetBackup MS SQL client GUI ? With a command or something ? My goal is to grep those informations automatically in order to perform automated SQL database restores. Kind regards,

5 REPLIES 5

Possible
Level 6
Accredited Certified
U need have good command on bplist command...get some backup date...find mdf and ldf files related to it....find logs associated with..do this after populating the script from gui and after seeing the contents of that script...prepare manul one....but this is risky....from cmd its best to apply only db files and not for logs..I will try this and update u

Possible
Level 6
Accredited Certified
and there is no way I guess to execute from master.....u have to prepare on the client only with the help of bplist

Possible
Level 6
Accredited Certified
and there is no way I guess to execute from master.....u have to execute on the client only with the help of bplist

Possible
Level 6
Accredited Certified

kml
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Thanks for your help Possible ! I think i've found something with the bpflist command : bpflist -d 09/01/2014 -e 11/26/2014 -pt MS-SQL-Server -client xxx -U It gives the MSSQL_METADATA_FILES and MSSQL_METADATA_LOGFILE paths !