cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get alert for first backup

puneet102
Level 4
We have netbackup 7.7.3 and have configured VMware intelligent policy. Is there any options to get alert if any VM will backedup first time from the policy or we can generate the report from opscenter?

Thanks
Puneet Dixit
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hey

I am unaware of such out of the box funcionality... But I think why you search for this... From now on (started using VIP) vmadmins can add clients any time... I sorted this out by checking mine VIP query on daily basis and writing its outcome to a file:

nbdiscover -noxmloutput -includedonly "vmware:/?filter=DataCenter StartsWith '${i}' AND powerstate equal poweredon AND tag equal 'mytag'" |sort > ${WORKDIR}/${i}_${TODAY}.txt

than I am comparing file from today with yesterday file and if there is a difference I am sending my self an emial - that something got changed....

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hey

I am unaware of such out of the box funcionality... But I think why you search for this... From now on (started using VIP) vmadmins can add clients any time... I sorted this out by checking mine VIP query on daily basis and writing its outcome to a file:

nbdiscover -noxmloutput -includedonly "vmware:/?filter=DataCenter StartsWith '${i}' AND powerstate equal poweredon AND tag equal 'mytag'" |sort > ${WORKDIR}/${i}_${TODAY}.txt

than I am comparing file from today with yesterday file and if there is a difference I am sending my self an emial - that something got changed....

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
nice - thank you @quebek