cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error trying to Install Java admin console on windows 7 laptop

nbustarter380
Level 6

Hi

I just received a new laptop using Windows 7 64-bit SP1 and I am trying to install the Java admin console for 7.1 I am getting an error during the install

Error. 1935 An Error occurred during the installation of assembly ‘Microsoft.vc80.crt, type=”win 32” verison=8.050727.762 publickey token=”1fc8b3b9ale18e3b” processor Architectore=”amd64”

Has anyone had this issue before? Where you able to find a solution?

( will also need to install the Java console for 7.5)

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nbustarter380
Level 6

Hi Marianne, Chris

Thank you both very much I was able to install the 7.1 Java Gui with help from your suggestions.

Marianne, I had done what you said as far as the UAC however I didn't reboot (it didn't asked) that may have been part of the issue.

Chris, I checked the  Windows Modules Installer service. it was set to Manual however I don't think it was enabled because when I right clicked it and I clicked the start button and it started so that was part of the problem also.

This morning I re-tried the install and it worked the 7.1 Java Gui Admin Console is on my laptop now I just have to install the 7.5 admin console.

Again, Thank you both for your help I really appreciate it!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

The community had the same issue in this thread earlier today - still being worked at as time of writing:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/i-could-not-install-netbcakup-client-software-windows...

nbustarter380
Level 6

Thanks Nicolai,

I hope to get this issue worked out very soon!

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have you disabled UAC?  Do you have Local Admin rights?

I am running same Windows 7 version and had no problems installing 7.1 or 7.5 Java GUI.

Disabling UAC is the first thing that I do when I get a new laptop.

nbustarter380
Level 6

Hi  Marianne,

Thanks...Yes I turned UAC off and I do have admin rights. Do I have to reboot my laptop for the changes to take effect once I turn UAC off?

Thanks again for your response.

nbustarter380
Level 6

Marianne,

Question How did you turn of UAC on your laptop? I believe I did it correctly from what I read but I just want to make sure.

Thanks

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I simply typed uac in Start -> Search Bar. 
"Change User Account Control Settings" appeared at the top of the list and I selected it.
In the Settings screen, I dragged the bar right down to the bottom. If I remember correctly, my laptop asked for a reboot.

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

In case you didn't see my answer in the other thread, I think it may apply for you as well, even though you're at Windows 7 and not Win2008:

Check the Windows Modules Installer service.  If it is disabled, enable it, make sure it is set to Manual startup and retry the installation.

nbustarter380
Level 6

Hi Marianne, Chris

Thank you both very much I was able to install the 7.1 Java Gui with help from your suggestions.

Marianne, I had done what you said as far as the UAC however I didn't reboot (it didn't asked) that may have been part of the issue.

Chris, I checked the  Windows Modules Installer service. it was set to Manual however I don't think it was enabled because when I right clicked it and I clicked the start button and it started so that was part of the problem also.

This morning I re-tried the install and it worked the 7.1 Java Gui Admin Console is on my laptop now I just have to install the 7.5 admin console.

Again, Thank you both for your help I really appreciate it!