cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting errror status 74 "client timed out waiting for BPSTART_NOTIFY to complete" will NOT prevent the BPEND_NOTIFY script from executing.

Deepak_Kumar
Level 4
Partner
Hi All,

I have installed Netbacku 6.5 & policy has been configured for the Indexing backup of Enteprise Vault server 8.0
The backup is successfully completed for the Journaling & File Archiving EV server but mailbox archiving EV server backup getting failed but previously it was happening successfully.

All these three EV server have been added in a same policy & backup script is running properly means it sending the servers in backup mode. Eventhough I have also tested to manually put this EV server in backup mode & ran backup then still getting same error.

I am getting this error status 74 "client timed out waiting for BPSTART_NOTIFY to complete" will NOT prevent the BPEND_NOTIFY script from executing. only for the EV mailbox archiving server.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Deepak
1 REPLY 1

Christoph_Linde
Level 5
Employee

I do not know if this is still open. As it is unanswered, I give you some hints.

try calling the bpstart_notify.cmd manually by hand and watch it closely. Try to find out how long it runs.

The message is clear in this case the bpstart_notify.cmd is simply not returning in the timeout seconds window.

You can configure this timeout, but it should be normally to be 300 seconds (5 minutes). This should be enough. So it should be enough to prepare the mail archive server.