cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting residence using the device name/hostname.

varunchopra
Level 2

Hi,

I have access to the NetBackup CLI. I'm trying to determine the residence of a client using it's device name test.web.example.com.

My aim is to find out the server on which that client exists and then remove it. Or if it is possible to remove that client using the master server itself.

4 REPLIES 4

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee
Please correct me if I am wrong..
my understanding is that you have a policy configured on master 1 for client A and your objective is to identify master 1 from the client and also remove this client from the policy right?

Until Nbu 7.7.x removing a client from the environment is as simple as removing the client from ALL the policies it is configured in..

You cant remove the entry from client directly..

now coming back to the client.. The1st server entry is considered to be the name of the master server
windows —> registry
linux/unix —> bp.conf

if its just one policy in which the client is added, running bpclntcmd -pn from client will show you the 1st server entry (i.e. the name of master and the policy name)

my understanding is that you have a policy configured on master 1 for client A and your objective is to identify master 1 from the client and also remove this client from the policy right?

Correct.

What do you mean when you say I can't remove the entry from the client directly? Isn't removing the client from all policies the same?

Also, I'm using NBU 7.7.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Policy config only exists on the master server. 
So, removing a client from a policy can only be done on the master server.

binayb
Level 3

To identify run bpgetconfig -s <client host name> or by using GUI. 

To remove client, as already stated in previous post, it needs to be done from master server.