cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghost unknown jobs in the activity monitor

amin--
Level 3

Hi,

I have some unknown jobs in the activity monitor which i'm not sure about the status as the status is not displayed.

Its just the jobid which is displayed and other fields are blank as attached.

The status details in the jobs looks like as below - 

06/07/2017 09:28:24 - Error bptm (pid=17498112) system call failed - A connection with a remote socket was reset by that socket. (at ../child.c.1278)
06/07/2017 09:28:24 - Error bptm (pid=17498112) unable to perform read from client socket, connection may have been broken 

Can you help me in how to remove them & what is the cause of this kind of jobs.

Is there anything i can do to avoid such jobs getting accoumulated in the job monitor.

Netbackup version is 7.7.3 AIX

2 REPLIES 2

Genericus
   VIP   

I have seen this in my environment, here is how I clean them up - 

If it is the same thing as my issue, when you select the job, there are no action items  - all are grey.

I start a cleaning job, then select BOTH the image cleanup AND the empty job, I can now cancel the jobs, and most of the time they will both go to 150.

When I first saw these, I let them go, and eventually they drop off the activity monitor. They never go active or do anything, so I do not think there is any danger in canceling or deleting them.

In earlier versions, I had the local windows admin console installed, THAT version allowed me to select and cancel these "ghost" jobs.

GOOD LUCK!

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS

Mystre316
Level 4

Do you have more than one Netbackup environment? This occasionally happens when a backup (typically sql script) is referencing the incorrect Master server.

Example:

SQL client installed to look at masterserver1

SQL script points to masterserver2

Ghost job appears on masterserver2

Child jobs appear on masterserver1

Look at this article, it should help:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000068176