Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global exclude for files that contain a tilder ~

-matt-
Level 4

NBU 6.5.6, WIN2K3 R2 Strandard

Hi Forum,

Does anyone know how to create a global exclude for files that contain a tilder?  The tilder is always at the front of the filename denoting a temporary file.  Many of my Shadow Copy Component jobs end partially successfully because of this.

Thanks,

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

No global excludes in NetBackup

The exclude i guess would have to be ~*

A couple of ways to do it ....

1. Select all clients in the Host Properties section of the admin console and hit <Enter>, wait for a while!! then set the exclusion and it will apply it to all of them.

2. Use AD to push out a registry edit that adds ~* to the value of the Multi_SZ named "Exclude" under HKLM\Software\Veritas\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config\ on all clients.

Not always easy, especially if a client has more than one exclude list (i.e. based on policy / schedule as well as the default one)

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

No global excludes in NetBackup

The exclude i guess would have to be ~*

A couple of ways to do it ....

1. Select all clients in the Host Properties section of the admin console and hit <Enter>, wait for a while!! then set the exclusion and it will apply it to all of them.

2. Use AD to push out a registry edit that adds ~* to the value of the Multi_SZ named "Exclude" under HKLM\Software\Veritas\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config\ on all clients.

Not always easy, especially if a client has more than one exclude list (i.e. based on policy / schedule as well as the default one)

Hope this helps

-matt-
Level 4

Thanks again Mark. You're on form today! :)