cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Granting User access

Being_human
Level 4

Hi,

We need to grant  full access to a specfic user for the netbackup Admin console  7.1 in the media server running win 2008. The user should be restircted only for netbackup administration console, kindly let me know how to do it.

5 REPLIES 5

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

You nbac on Windows to access restriction. 

User need admin access to Windows server if you are not using nbac to get full access to nbu console. 

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Can you not install Windows Admin Console on a VM, and so re-strict any potential "OS damage" to that VM?

Or install Java Admin Console on the user's workstation?

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

It would be as well to give the users PC a fixed IP address and give him local admin rights to it .. then get him to install teh remote admin console on his PC

It just needs his PC to be added as an additional servers in the Master Servers Hosts properties to grant him access but that way he never needs to go anywhere near the Master or Media Servers.

Hope this helps

Being_human
Level 4

In netbackup 6.5 we have an option 'Authirzation' under master server properties. IF we add the user under autorization and user's client name under authorized clients. The user will be able to access the netbackup admin console.

I don't see that option in netbackup 7.1. I am looking for similar option.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
When you trust a user to manage NBU, you also give this user access to every bit of data in your company. Why the concern about OS-level access? The Authorization option of older versions is replaced with NBAC.